From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of Scott Townley
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 9:10 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] FIXED: DEMI 2400-144RX d/c

The saga ends...
<recall...my d/c LO wouldn't start consistently, then wouldn't start at
all>
DEMI returned my call/FAX and said "from what you describe it sounds
like
C1 is bad" (bypass cap in the base of the 2N5179 oscillator).  My
regular
stock includes 0.01uF chips (you can *never* have enough bypass caps!)
so
slapped it in and Voila!  (Wah-la to the Francais-challenged)...the
oscillator oscillates, multiplier multiplies, etc.  Back on the air!
Thanks to the folks at DEMI for the remote troubleshooting...never an
easy
task!

Scott Townley NX7U
Gilbert, AZ  DM43di