RE: On leaving AMSAT

All good points.  :)

> But this much we know--the digital PacSats (as we know them
> now) can't
> really "compete" with the Internet, and with VoIP growing daily,
> the LEO FM Sats aren't nearly the draw they used to be. A UO-14
> demonstration is easily upstaged by an IRLP contact that has become
> commonplace.

That's exactly where I'm coming from as well.  Next month, I'll be hosting
what effectively will be a distributed club meeting, with the main speaking
being on the other end of the country.  I'm planning on using up to 3
different VoIP technologies simultaneously, as well as recording proceedings
for future playback.

Each week, I find myself fielding questions on the club net, and each time,
there's this response of "How's this all going to work"?  Now, I'd love to
see that come back to sats. :-)