Re: CUBSAT wast

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, William Leijenaar wrote:

> In my opinion they better can make one big satellite with all these small
> experiments build in, than having all little satellites having all the same
> problem of powerbudget and satellite-space.
> This also encourages international cooperation...

Impossible.  Just getting 5 students working on the same page on something
they can hold in their hands within their semester constraints is hard
enough.  Turning it into an international boondoggle would guarantee
nothing ever got accomplished it would take 10 years and no student would
learn anything from it except for how to be a manager of meetings and
documentation...

> Or [they] are just commercial sats ? "Made by university of ....." :-)

"they"?  Every cubesat is different and independent.  We should be
careful not to condemn the whole due to maybe an error of one...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob