Time references (UT vs. GPS)

I found this interesting...it may be widely known but it wasn't by me ;-)

<http://www.leapsecond.com/java/gpsclock.htm>

Definitions - pulled from the Leapsecond website:
UTC, Coordinated Universal Time, popularly known as GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), or Zulu time. Local time differs from UTC by the number of hours of your timezone.
GPS, Global Positioning System time, is the atomic time scale implemented by the atomic clocks in the GPS ground control stations and the GPS satellites themselves. GPS time was zero at 0h 6-Jan-1980 and since it is not perturbed by leap seconds GPS is now ahead of UTC by 13 seconds.
Loran-C, Long Range Navigation time, is an atomic time scale implemented by the atomic clocks in Loran-C chain transmitter sites. Loran time was zero at 0h 1-Jan-1958 and since it is not perturbed by leap seconds it is now ahead of UTC by 22 seconds.

Scott Townley NX7U
Gilbert, AZ  DM43di