RE: On leaving AMSAT

Hello Fellow Amateurs

I have been following this discussion for a few days now and thought I
would throw my two cents (Canadian) one cent (American at the current
exchange rate) in the pot as well.

I have to tell you my "Gee Whiz" story with the hobby that has remained
with me since I got involved with the hobby.
I have been an amateur for about 12 to 15 years now and can't help but
think "Gee Whiz" every time I get to meet, talk, and exchange
information with people like Bob WB4APR, Jerry K5OE, W7JPI Leo, N7SFI
Randy, K6YK John, VE6EGN Egon, and the list goes on and on. So many
great people with piles of experience from all walks of life and all
from the comfort of my own little area in the house I call my
"shack"...... "Gee Whiz" !!!!! How does it get any better ! Now you mix
all that with the great locally people I have met through this hobby
...... I figure I am winning big time !

I can understand how the hobby could get a bit stale from time to time
but I guess that's true with anything ? The bottom line is I still feel
privileged to have had an opportunity to be involved with such a great
group of people and I can't help but think that my life has been
enriched in some way just by having the opportunity to be associated
with all of my colleges called " amateurs " ! "Gee Whiz" !!!!!

I still maintain that the fraternity of "Ham Radio" houses a tremendous
amount of integrity, honesty ( take a look around you and see how much
of that is still active) and simply some real smart individuals ! "Gee
Whiz"!

I do not always agree with the decisions made by the BOD but I am not
ready to step up to the plate and start swinging along with them, from
what I can tell it is pretty thankless. I also can't help but think of
how difficult it must be to get consensus on anything when it comes to
developing, building and launching Satellites that have, can and will be
used by amateurs. Our organization is obviously healthy which is evident
by the level of emotion in all the discussion that is on going.

So in closing I want to say "Thanks" to all of you and "Gee Whiz" now
that was and is still fun !

Best of 73 de VE7WFG

Bill
Armstrong, BC