Re: What AMSAT SHOULD do?

I fully agree with Bob's message below.  Why is there all this moaning
about what AMSAT should do?  As Bob says, WE are AMSAT.  Al of us, are
volunteers.  Some of us spend more of our personal time than others to help
further our common interests, some of us just like to stand aside and be
critical.  All of us, members of AMSAT or not, can get up and do something
that benefits us all as a ham radio community.  I have always been inspired
by the likes of Brooks van Pelt, Wayne Roth, Chris Jackson, Bob Bruninga
and now Erich Eichman (SatPC32 recently donated to AMSAT for fund raising)
just to name a few.

I am doing my little thing, just as a regular AMSAT member to help
represent AMSAT at ham fests and Field Day activities.

Why don't we stop moaning and just think about ways to improve our ham
radio capabilities with new technologies.

I used to be on ao-13 and ao-10 a lot, I spoke to Sergei Krigalev on board
of Mir a lot many years ago, and am active on ao-40 perhaps once or twice
per month on average.  I am just not as much exited about satellites at the
moment as I used to be, but may be again if we get new technologies
going.  Unfortunately, I just don't have the vision as others do to come up
with new and bright ideas.

73 de Dieter kx4y