PCsat National PAGING test

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, we conducted a nationwide paging test via PCSAT
to everyone in the USA via its 144.39 downlink. just to see how many
mobiles or other stations would get it.

Cleaning out my INBOX, I noticed today that I never summarized the result
of the test.  Here it is for record purposes (and so I can finally throw
out those 59 messages I got back from everyone)...

NATIONWIDE APRS 144.39 DOWINLINK PCSAT PAGING TEST RESULT 4.5 Oct 2002:

Fifty nine stations all over the USA received the special Paging Text
conducted via PCsat on 4 and 5 October 2002.  During this test, a message
was sent out from the command stations at the Naval Academy in Annapolis,
MD and a participating station in California asking for confirmation of
the message.

The intent of the test was to see the effectiveness of unannounced paging
to mobiles on the national terrestrial frequency via the PCsat Satellite.
Here is a sorted list of the 59 responders:

AA5QX  Murphy, TX
AB4BL  Fairbanks, AK
K0TMU  Mason City, IA
K4IMO  Tallahassee FL