RE: BOD -reply -

Dave,
When all was said and done, you answered your own question.
"There are a lot of people with a lot of axes to grind, and if that axe
gives us satellites suitable for communication: ssb voice, cw or
digital, I'll help
them hold the stone..."

We all need to think that way. I would like three or four AO-40s to
cover the world 24/7, but I understand that that is likely not to happen
in my lifetime. So then, will I, or you, be happy that they were able to
save a good portion of the one AO-40 we have, use it, and do all we can
to spread the word about it?

To others, they would like a full constellation of FM or digital LEOs,
so they could grab their HT 24/7 and work the bird. Just as desirable to
that constituency, and just as unlikely to happen in the present
economic position that AMSAT finds itself in.

So, since we do not have a huge bucket of money, we need to make due
with what we do have, and try our darnedest to spend it wisely. Doing
that will not please everyone, but there is no other choice.

What we can do is make a concerted effort to fix the problem: MONEY!!!
We can develop Endowment programs, we can develop Grant programs, gain
new members, all aimed at giving AMSAT the financial resources needed to
put in the air all the things we want...
It comes slowly, but can be done, if every member pitches in when ask.

Remember what Dave said the next time you are ask to dig down for
AMSAT!!

Gunther
W8GSM