Re: BOD Who to vote for? my 2cent.

For the most part you are deadly accurate with this observation Greg. I just
looked at the web page and the most recent AO-40 status update is 4 weeks
old! If we can't keep it more current than that, just link to the -DL site.
I realize that keeping such a big site up to date is a large job, but I'm
sure there are those that would help. Here's another example. the Spacecraft
info section lists _NOTHING_ for SO-50, but lists SO-41 as operational.
Anyone here heard SO-41 in the last 6 months? last year? SO-50 was on last
night! Some newbie who is unconnected to anything other than www.amsat.org
would find that after a few passes of listening to static instead of SO-41,
he'd be better off doing something else. Accurate, timely information is
worth so much more than many people realize. Same goes for AO-10 and FO-20
info on the web page. "Semi-operational"? Anyone heard AO-10 in the last
year?

I think if the BOD would have listened to a few Saturday night passes of
UO-14, then some recorded passes of what SO-35 and RS-10/12 were like, and
asked the membership directly what they wanted, Echo would be a different
type of project.

I'm sorry if anyone takes offense at any of this. It's not meant in a
malicious way...we just need to find out how and where to do a better job
doing what we do.

73, Drew KO4MA