Radios for 1.2 GHz operation

I am a member of a student team at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in
Worcester, MA.  We are constructing a small satellite, and are currently in
early design discussions.  We are interested in transceiver or separate TX/RX
modules (kit or pre-assembled circuit boards) that operate on the 1260-70 MHz
band for telecommand of our satellite.  We are planning to control the
satellite with 9600 baud data components, so the radios selected must support
direct FSK.

So far, I have been unable to locate a source for radios for this band.  Does
anyone with satellite design experience have any pointers?

Thank you,
Isaac Waldron
WPI EE '04