Re: SO-50 newbee

--- Jon Ogden <na9d@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> It's a wonderful bird!  I've had similar experiences to you.  It's
> not
> always on and when it is, there's just a handful of people on it.
> You
> can have some decent QSOs with it.  It also sounds very good as well.
>
> This bird is a well kept secret!  :-)

Well kept secret indeed!  I had been having trouble with my FO-29
uplink signal during FD at W8GK.  I went to Plan "B" and tried a SO-50
pass and BINGO .. worked a Radio Club in KS (W0MI).  It was a solid
contact with good signals both ways and we literally had the bird all
to ourselves.  Unbelievable for a FD weekend.  Thank you SO-50!!!

73, Gary -K8KFJ-
West Virginia