From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Gunther Meisse
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 9:55 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Up coming AMSAT Election

July 6, 2003

Dear AMSAT-NA Member

Over the past few years very few AMSAT members have used their
voice to VOTE in the Board Elections. Just like all of America,
there are too few people deciding too many important issues.
Please take the two minutes needed to vote in the upcoming AMSAT
election. It is a critical time in the life of our organization
and your AMSAT needs your vote.

I am running for the AMSAT-NA Board of Directors and am seeking
your support. I will bring a different perspective to the position.
I am concerned about the economic viability of our AMSAT and want
to spend time trying to implement some of my ideas for additional
funding from sources other than membership dues. I also want to
create a future for AMSAT that has economic stability, so that we
have sufficient funds to design, build, and launch the many varied
types of amateur satellites that will serve the varying interests
of our members. Also, I am deeply concerned about the future of our
membership count. We need to work hard at exposing new people, and
young people to what we do, and get them as enthusiastic as we are
about AMSAT and our hobby. This will require some additional hard
work to shape some of what we do to be more integrated into the
technology of the young, the Internet, for example.

Please VOTE when the AMSAT ballot reaches you in a matter of days
and I hope I can count on your support.

Gunther Meisse
W8GSM
AMSAT LM: 594