Re: Possible activation of Isle of Man this weekend

Howard, I can tell you a little bit from my short VP2EAG experience. I
should have went split to begin with on the busy EU-NA passes I was on. Once
people found me and the pile grew, I was too frazzled to stop everything and
check to see if 5-10 up was clear to go split. Picking calls out of the mess
isn't so bad, it's when that $%#$#*&^ LEILA goes off from 30 guys calling at
once. Another sat-HF difference is that you can use the full duplex to your
advantage when split by acknowledging the next staion while the others are
still calling, and they should hear you and stop there....and maybe pigs
will fly someday too.

In short, go split right away.

73, Drew KO4MA/VP2EAG

> > My question is, on the Eastern pass  I will have a good shot at Japan.
The