Re: Ethernet in the Shack, was Re: Solving the need for ISA ..

On Wednesday, Jul 2, 2003, at 15:21 US/Central, Howard Long wrote:

> Bruce said...
>
>> Seems to me the tasks the network needs to do fall into these overall
>> types:
>>
>> -Sensing a voltage or state (can use an ADC-type device for both and
>> filter in software)
>> 	-Carrier detect/RSSI from radio
>> 	-Voltage from position sensing pots (W5UN-style antenna arrays,
>> screwdriver baseloaders, etc.)
>> 	-Voltage and plate current of a linear
>> 	-Cell or battery voltage in a PV system
>> 	-Battery charge/discharge current
>
> /* lots more snippped */
>
> You're going to be busy then! ;-)
>
> 73 Howard G6LVB

Doubtless .. but what I meant was that's the overall breakdown of basic
interface *types* as I see it.  Those basic interfaces can be adapted
to most if not all of the specific applications shown below them.  Not
all the adaptations will be easy.  LOL

"Oh yeah? Well, I speak LOOOOOOOUD, and I carry a BEEEEEEEger stick --
and I use it too!"  **whop!**   -- Yosemite Sam