Re: North Texas Balloon Project

Thank you for you interest in the upcoming balloon launch. You can view
information as it is posted on our website at
http://www.qsl.net/w5sjz/balloonpj.htm. As you said, the planned launch
date is scheduled for the morning of August 30, 2003 from Hillsboro
Municipal Airport (N32.0835, W97.09717) about 35 miles due south of the
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. The current plan is for two packages with at
least 4 or 5 payloads. The payloads currently planned for flight include: a
70cm/2m crossband repeater, 2m parrot repeater, 1.2g ATV downlink, an APRS
tracker, and an automated still camera. We are still in the process of
integrating the various payloads in an effort to minimize interference so
actual payloads are subject to change. At the balloon's highest altitude
(100,000ft planed) the Balloon will have a footprint radius of about 424
miles giving us coverage in at least 7 states. If you have any further
question, about the project please let me know.

Randy Mclean (wo5m)
Flight Prediction Coordinator

--
Randy Mclean