Possible activation of Isle of Man this weekend

Folks,

I may be in the Isle of Man at the end of this week, and if so I will try to
take along some satellite gear.

Passes of AO-40 are not good for the time that I'm there.

Eastern pass:
Sat 5 July 0345-0500Z (MA152-168) Squint 11 to 15 degrees

Western pass:
Sun 6 July 1215-1330Z (MA75-92) Squint 20 down to 14 degrees

These are both horizon shots, probably across the water, so QSB will make
things tough for me.

My question is, on the Eastern pass  I will have a good shot at Japan. The
last time I did Japan from GJ on AO-40 it was pandemonium. What tips do you
have for the casual DXpedition operator to deal with this?

73 Howard G6LVB