Re: UO14 recently

Hi John,

I've been noticing a general degradation in it's signal.  I attributed it
to excessive users and I hate to bring up the subject but there seems to
have been a lot of intentional interference, like someone throwing a solid
carrier for a long period of time.

Weird things I've heard lately:  someone conducting a net (asking for
checkins); while it was over southern Alaska someone was playing something
like a Forest Service nature programme; pagers, and of course the assorted
QRM south of the border.

I noticed that before FD there were also many folks transmitting but not
responding to anyone coming back to them. I wonder if they had their
squelch off.  In some cases I think they think UO-14 is like any repeater -
they key up looking for the squelch tail to tell them they hit
it.  Unfortunately those extra 100 bonus points are a big incentive for
someone with no experience and a big linear amp to try to get in.

-emily