Quakesat heard

Heard QUAKESAT this morning 1 July 2003 at 1234 UTC on 436.675 MHz +/-
Doppler. I observed brief bursts of an unmodulated carrier about every 8-9
seconds rather than the expected 9600 baud packet - no frames could be
decoded even with "trace" set to "on". I have added a recording of it to my
"Satellite Sounds" page listed on my website below.

For those familiar, it sounds like NO-45's failed carrier - I hope this is
just safe mode on Quakesat.

73's

Don Woodward
KD4APP