RE: RE: more cubesats

Bob was right again.  Now that they are up let go play.
nick k5qxj

     On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, John Wilcox / NS1Z wrote:
 Is it because they are getting "something for nothing?"

  >wb4apr  responce was
What specifically are you talking about?  I don't see anyone getting
something for nothing.  I see HAM radio getting some activity and
visibility with the launch of some new satellites in the Amateur
Satellite Service.

I see small experimental satellites being built by students trying to
learn something about radio, space and satellites in an educational,
non-commercial environment.  That seems to me to be quite in tune with the
intent of the Amateur Satellite Service.

I see more signals in the sky, somethign to track, tune in, study, learn
about, Something on which we can tweak our receiving systems, improve our
skills, learn new modes, hone our antennas, develop better operational
scheduling  techniques.  Using the old 90/10 rule, 90% of ham radio is
LISTENING to something...only 10% is transmitting.

When one HAM succeeds with a successful project, we all benefit. Lets
hope for success in today's launch and wish them well!