Re: CANX and Quakesat

This is EXACTLY what I have been nearly screaming about to the Board.
These satellites have been launched OUTSIDE the United States and
carry experimental licenses rather than permits issued by the
International Amateur Radio Union!  To this day, there have been no
action by the IARU on applications given them six months ago!  The
Universities simply obtained experimental licenses via the FCC and
ignored the fact that amateur radio frequencies were being used!
     Truthfully people, if AMSAT and ARRL had been proactive rather
than less than cooperative, these would have been AMATEUR satellites.
It is long past time to rethink this situation in a positive light as
my many messages to the board and to Rod Stafford, W6ROD our IARU/ARRL
representative have not produced required results in a timely manner.
   Cliff K7RR