RE: RE: more cubesats

Opps! Sorry, Louis. I think you have missed what I said. The people I am
referring to are using the Amateur frequencies without demonstrating the
required skills (successfully passing the test and being licensed), what we
call being hams. They are not building items that are useful to the amateur
community, nor are they polling the amateurs to determine what our desires
might be so that they could build something useful. What reason, or right,
do they have to use these frequencies?

You surely understand that you or I cannot transmit a signal on commercial C
or Ku band just because we like the frequency range, don't you? We can't
just loft an object into the skies with a rogue transmitter on it for our
own benefit. There seem to be laws against it in the United States of
America...

Just because a few people think it is a good idea doesn't make it right.
With no restrictions you can imagine that, at some point, those frequencies
could be so fully occupied that there wouldn't be room for any amateur use.

I hope this helps you understand the problem I see with these folks.

I was licensed in 1978 which only means I had to pass older tests and meet
different standards than exist now. I really am not interested in "the
dumbing down of American debate" again but I do believe the tests
administered now for an Amateur Radio license are not insurmountable, for
anyone. You might think that someone pursuing an engineering degree would be
up to passing any Amateur exam...

Why is it so hard for them to follow the rules?

Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line and discuss it. I'm sure debate
will rage on this topic for some time. It really polarizes the list members!
With enough discussion, we might even resolve the problem to everyone's
surprise.