K4CQ field day report

Thanks to Stacy and the AO-40 team it was another great field for the K4CQ satellite station at the Lynchburg Virginia Amateur Radio Club site. We had 53 contacts this year which is about equal to last year. We got off to a great start by working NA1SS as our first contact. That got everyone excited to start things off. Between Brian (WA1ZMS) and myself (N4QWF) we worked all the contacts. I tried to get others to operate but they just wonted to watch. Our station consisted of the following.

radio - FT-736R
uplink - U-Band using KLM antenna
power - RFC 4-310 about 100 watts max using 150ft. of 9086 line
downlink - 2.4 gig BBQ dish antenna
downconverter - Conifer II using 150ft. RG-6 line
rotors - two alliance U110 bolted together

It was a challenge keeping the antennas pointed as they were mounted on a 60 foot crankup tower with the tri-bander for the HF station mount below them. It was OK till they moved the HF rotor and did not tell us.

Ain't Field day fun. See you all next year!