Satellite Field Day

K6HAI, North Shores ARC in San Diego, made a number of contacts on AO40....

PrimeStar dish, homebrew patch feed, homebrew preamp, Icom 921 radio.  We
had the "kludged" station setup, 30 minutes after we parked the car!!

No problems on AO40, and made many contacts.  A number of young people,
mostly curiosity seekers, were really impressed that they could "TALK" to a
satellite.  I wonder what impression they would have gone away with if they
had listened to the struggles reported on a "two-user" FM bird??

We operated in a fairly noisy environment because of the crowd chatter
around the table most of the time, so we really do appreciate the patience
of some of of the weaker stations we made contact with.

Even inexperienced operators NEVER tripped Leila (sp?), though we heard her
off in the background occasionally...

TRANSPONDERS FOREVER!!!

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....