RE: NA1SS

I managed to work Ed NA1SS from our club FD operation (W7PXL at the American
Red Cross in Eugene, Oregon). I believe I may have been his first stateside
QSO. (one of the advantages of living in the Northwest).

I had a great time on the Sat's this year. I would have made a lot more Q's
but I spent most of my time talking to people. Besides all the club members
and passers-by I was interviewed by 2 local TV stations and the local news
paper (we made the front of the 'City Region' section). Next year I'm going
to make up some pamphlets to give people with answers to some of the basic
questions and references to web and printed resources so I'll have some time
to operate.

I've been off the air for several months due to our move to a new (to us)
home, so this was a chance to get back on the air for a weekend as well as
participate in the club Field Day operation.

It was a great weekend.

Steve .. AI7W
ai7w@arrl.net