Re: FD AO-40 DK2ZF

I'd never flame you, Fred! My new helix feed on my 90cm offset dish
worked much better this year, and I could actually *hear* QSO's in
progress a nice comfy Q5, and I did manage to hear my own downlink on
Saturday, but no contacts made. Hope I didn't QRM anybody, but I tried
to pick an open spot. I think for next year I'll bite the bullet and
get a prime-focus dish with a patch feed. I'm just too dense (and
getting slow in my old age) to get the hang of adjusting two different
antenna setups on Field Day while dozens of people come by and ask
hundreds of questions. And Murphy stole my inclinometer, so I was going
by last year's Magic Marker numbers on the Elevation axis! I'm glad I
had a group of Scouts helping me align things.
 Made one confirmed QSO on FO-29, and 'almost' made another, but when I
asked for a repeat, he'd gone on and worked someone else! I though
FO-29 was in fine shape this year. I'm really glad we still have it,
and kudos to the command team for getting it working.
And UO-14 was a complete ZOO! There was one "Turkey Running Wild" that
called CQ for about 45 seconds on a late-evening pass out here in
SoCal, and really made things hard. I wish people would READ before
they operated an FM bird on FD. Most of the people who came by wanted
to see me operate an FM bird, as they'd all read about HT's, Arrow
antennas, and Easy Sats. They all went away discouraged when they heard
the pandemonium, even though I explained to them that the FM birds
aren't like this normally.
Oh well, K6AA wiill be at the bottom of the list again, but at least
we're out there showing the AMSAT flag!
73, Jim  KQ6EA