Re: RE: more cubesats

This isn't a zero-sum game.  Just because "they" derive some benefit from
using the amateur satellite service spectrum doesn't mean that "we"
necessarily lose something.

Amateurs have close to an invisible constituancy when it comes to lobbying
for the continued use of all the spectrum we have allocated to us.   You'd
think we'd want to cultivate some allies rather than cause someone to
lobby for a new "experimental satellite service."  Where would you
think that spectrum would come from?

Geez, take a look at what's going on in the industry and the pressure
and demand more more spectrum to support various wireless voice
and data products.  You think anyone is really going to care that
unlicensed part-15 802.11 users at 2.4GHz are have raised the noise
floor and are "interfering" with amateur use?  Given the remarkable
success that industry has had bringing some very cool products to
market that Joe Blow can just pick up at the local computer store,
it's not going to go away.

Frankly, even as an amateur, 2.4GHz is much more useful to me as
a part-15 user than in the amateur service.  I suspect that within
10 square miles from my house, there are more part-15 users of this
spectrum than amateur users on the entire planet.  If push comes to
shove, who's gonna win?  Don't we want help "defending" our spectrum
use from the amateur satellite builders?

louie
wa3ymh