Re: Re: Let's build some Linear Transponders

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, JoAnne Maenpaa wrote:

> I'm thinking there may be other commercial solutions, suitable for
> modification for service as a linear transponder?

Sure, what I'd love to do is to take a PSK-10 10 meter transceiver kit
and fiddle with the transceiver circuit so that it receives on 10m SSB and
transmits on 12 meters SSB.  Now the bandwidth would only be 3 KHz, but it
would support 20 or so PSK-31 signals.  And could do it with only a 0.1W
transmitter!

To PSK-31, 3 KHz is a wideband linear transponder!

In fact, the receiver side of that is what we have built and are flying on
PCSAT2.  The receiver was built by students at the Brno university in the
Czech Republic and given to the Naval Academy to integrate it into our
downlink.

see http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/pcsat2.html

Bob, WB4APR