A Field Day 2003 Thank You

The West Valley Amateur Radio Association (WVARA) operated a 12A site
located on top of Loma Prieta Mountain, south of San Jose, CA.  With the
help of some of my association members, I worked AO-40 for the club and we
logged almost 50% more contacts than in the previous year which was our
first year working AO-40 during FD.  I want to thank all of the stations who
worked us, especially those towards the end of the two passes, when
conditions were very marginal and the best operating techniques were put to
the test.

Our setup consisted of a 1.2m wire mesh dish, an S/L dual-band patch feed
and an 80W L-band brick.

Thanks again to all of you!

73,

Rick