Cliff Buttschardt K7RR

Cliff:

Hello Cliff, please contact me direct, I do not have your email address
anymore.

and Pieter Ibelings, if you want a schematic for a 144/28 transponder as
flew on AO-6 and AO-7 including pictures of the BBQ flight unit from Dick
Daniels kitchen stove ( this is what happens when your kids warm up the
stove to make hamburgers and he was drying some epoxy on a for-flight
unit........) get in touch with me off line.  I think I even might have a
thick film on PC board version without the 2N3866 final box over at the
warehouse I keep my stuff in.  Schematics were held very close as it was
quickly obvious how the command process was done when you looked at the
schematic.  There is a paper in German about the Mode B transponder in AO7
that was published, it gives a great deal of detail - enough that at least
one commercial transponder maker got started by building a copy of
it.  Some hard research will turn up more details on other
transponders.  There is a whole industry in the TV translater business that
grew up out of the early work with linear transponders - they even had AGC
systems that really worked....

Larry
VA3LK