From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Bob Bruninga
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 10:11 AM
Cc: amsat
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] more cubesats

Cubesats

Please folks, before we start bashing CUBEsats, remember that we only have
what, 3 working HAM sats now?  We need STUDENTS to get into HAM radio, not
be driven out by grousing.

On a satellite that is only the size of a softball, it is extremely
difficlut to put a TRANSPONDER that can support multiple users.  So just
because they dont support a transponder is NO reason to grouse.

There are MANY applications in HAM radio that do not support EVERYONE
else.  And I can think of no better use for HAM radio than getting
students involved in technology.   I for one, WELCOME something that goes
BEEP and recognizes the value of the Amateur Satellite COmmunity in
providing technology in support of the radio art.

de WB4APR