PCsat and FD

I did get PCsat turned on about 70% through the East Coast Pass on SUnday
at about 1508z and in the next minute or so, saw these stations before
she went out over the Atlantic and Brazil.

VE3TKB, KE2T, N9YUK-12, KB1GVR, N1FD, W3ADO, WB4APR, VE3DOH

So,  at least she still works and a few people got to play.  By the way, I
checked pcsat.aprs.org and none of the above callsigns are shown:

 Call   Age (dd:hh:mm:ss)
 PCSat    *  00:00:00:07
 PE2JMR   *  00:05:43:26
 W3ADO-1  *  00:05:44:03
 PE5YES-4 *  00:05:44:08
 VE7RPK   *  00:20:34:25

But  it simply shows you that we dont have any full time active SATGATES
any more.

Once I turned off the spare receivers and un-cross-connected the
transmitters, PCsat was in great shape:

* Batteries at 16.3 volts (Full charge is 16.8)
* Power out at  1.8 Watts
* Shunt regulator dumping excess solar current
* +Z face (our best solar panel) was putting out 131 mA and facing the sun
  and a net + 57 mA was going into the batteries (they wouldnt take any
  more current becasue they are so "soft"...)

Sorry I couldnt get it turned on earlier.  I had to drop off kid for scout
camp at the same time as the start of the pass, and lost 5 minutes in a
paperwork snafu.  Then a 9 minute mad dash to work, and got there with the
pass mostly over.  But our experience has been , even if I had been there
earlier, I may have attempted the connect too early and possibly killed
it.

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob