Re: Checked Airline Luggage (again)

The shoes thing is the funniest part.  My wife and I flew to Oklahoma
back in May.  When left, she was wearing black, slip on sandals with
thick rubber soles.  Her toes were uncovered and she was wearing
sliver, metallic toe polish.  EVERY security point we went through
asked to check her shoes on some extra metal detection devices!  It was
amazing!  There's not a bit of metal on her shoes, but they saw the
silver toes and had to check them!

This has NOTHING to do with satellites or ham radio, but it's an
interesting story.  Sorry for the diversion!

73,

Jon
NA9D

On Friday, Jun 27, 2003, at 15:32 America/Chicago, laura halliday wrote:

> I too have had my shoes x-rayed. I really wondered if I
> had heard them right when they asked...closest I get to
> boxer shorts is an ex- who was fond of tap pants... :-)
Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC

Ham Radio Webpage: http://www.qsl.net/na9d   <- Updated on 1/12/03!!!
Digital Photography Page:
http://homepage.mac.com/jogden/Photography.html

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."

        - Oscar Wilde