Re: Tell us the truth then Rick! RE: Mode-B vs Mode-J

>I would like a nice slow chess game over the air, maybe even a move every
>other week! Anyone up a slowie, name your mode!
>
>--laz
>
> >Hummh.. Doesnt that apply also to HF radio, contests, Field day,
> >sweepstakes, 2m FM commuter repeaters, in fact, 90% of ham radio?
> >Doesn't appeal much to me either, but it is apparently what HAM radio
> >operators like to do... and Why begrudge them that?

Yes, and if my only interest in ham radio is what Bob describes, I sure
have been bored in the last fifty years!!

I wonder how much that type of an operator is contributing to the success
of AMSAT in either dollars or time?  He's sure wasting his time and/or money!

But I suppose it does sell a lot of HT's......

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....