Re: Checked Airline Luggage (again)

   Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:52:01 -0500
   From: Jon Ogden <na9d@speakeasy.net>

   I'd rather have them ask me to open up my bags and look inside.  One of
   my bags on my last trip, was indeed opened as I got the nice little
   note.

Yeah, but you don't get your way, do you.
It's the price you pay for an illusion of safety.

   But I'll be very concerned about things on the next foreign trip I go
   on if I can't lock my bags for an international flight.  What are hams
   who travel to foreign countries with gear doing about this?

Live with it.  Make sure your bag is tiewrapped shut when you part with
it, and write letters to the TSA and airline if your bag isn't secured
as well when you receive it back as it was when it left your hands.
You could CC your Congresspeople on this also, since if enough people
have problems, then it becomes an issue for them.

73, doug