Re: Tell us the truth then Rick! RE: Mode-B vs Mode-J

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Dave Guimont wrote:

> provide and demonstrate real communications instead of a quickie FM contact
> that does little else but feed the ego of the demonstrator.

Hummh.. Doesnt that apply also to HF radio, contests, Field day,
sweepstakes, 2m FM commuter repeaters, in fact, 90% of ham radio?
Doesn't appeal much to me either, but it is apparently what HAM radio
operators like to do... and Why begrudge them that?

Bob