Re: Checked Airline Luggage (again)

This has been something concerning me from the moment they announced
the policy.  A few years ago, I visited Costa Rica.  All the literature
I read about Costa Rica was to LOCK your bags because if you didn't,
they would get pilfered by the luggage crews at the airport.  I doubt
Costa Rica is the only foreign country where this sort of thing happens
(hey, it happens here in the USA!).

I'd rather have them ask me to open up my bags and look inside.  One of
my bags on my last trip, was indeed opened as I got the nice little
note.

But I'll be very concerned about things on the next foreign trip I go
on if I can't lock my bags for an international flight.  What are hams
who travel to foreign countries with gear doing about this?

73,

Jon
NA9D

On Friday, Jun 27, 2003, at 01:03 America/Chicago, Timothy J. Salo
wrote:

> There may be a downside to TSA's suggestion (demand) that
> travelers not lock their checked luggage.
>
> 	http://www.msnbc.com/news/931836.asp?0cv=CB10
>
> On the other hand, I suppose most ham gear isn't as easy to unload
> as, say, consumer electronics...
Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC

Ham Radio Webpage: http://www.qsl.net/na9d   <- Updated on 1/12/03!!!
Digital Photography Page:
http://homepage.mac.com/jogden/Photography.html

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning"

                    - Bill Gates