The Private Space Race

In my travels around the internet I came across this tidbit about The Private Space Race ...

The St. Louis, Missouri-based X-Prize Foundation started the X-Prize in 1996 to promote private space travel.  Their story is on-line at:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/space/06/26/canada.xprize/index.html

Hmmm, perhaps more ham astronauts and launch capabilities ... someday.  Right now they only need to safely send and return a three-person crew 62 miles (100 kilometers) high twice within two weeks in the same vehicle.

73 de JoAnne WB9JEJ