W0LMD test results

Hi AMSATs,

I see that I made some kind of "sandstorm" after I posted the message about
my test results of the previous patch haha. I am very supprised that nobody
else has descouvered that before, or made any notice of it.

Last week I was a little busy with qrl things. I have looked for the W0LMD
patch information but like posted by some other amateurs I could not find
any detailed information.
Today I see some message posted with some links and I downloaded the
drawings and after conversion to milimeters, and finding the materials I
made the patch like drawn :-)

The patch is much better than the square patch. It is mechanical stable and
also more circulair :-)
Today I did some quick circularity tests and the best results I got is a 2dB
difference. The test was done with the patch in my hand and rotate it, so
not very optimal, but still much much better !!!!

There is only one thing I can not find out. What is the polarisation of this
patch ????
I guess its LCHP, because its designed as feed in front of a dish, but what
will be a RHCP design ???
(The same confussion has been with the "square, none circulair" patch... )

Does anybody know the principle of creating circularity behind this design
???
Why this tuning bold is 0,5" from the feed point ??? (I would more think of
90 degrees to feed point)

Tommorow I will wake up early and will compaire my old patch with this new
patch...
Then I will find out if this design is worth its glory .-)

73 de PE1RAH, William
---