Re: Patch logistics

>Not that I have built a patch, but I have seen somewhere that someone used
>an acrylic dome like those used on security cameras.  I just have no idea
>where to find a 4" dome...  At least it's a start...

Hi Joel,

I use a thin piece of lexan secured to a piece of thin copper sheet that I
formed into a "shroud" around the patch.  Some people call it an "annular
ring".

Absolutely no loss that I can detect, and the shroud seems to reduce stray
interference at 2.4...  Mine has been up for over two years, and as good as
the day I put it up there...Besides if a neighbor is "anti antenna"
and takes an "accurate" shot at your antenna the patch will survive!!

Keep the bugs "and bullets" at bay, too, Karl!!

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....