Re: A *new* dish that would go well with a W0LMD patch

Nothing is suitable for hanging on the G5500 except for the lightest dishes
and Yagis.. I spent $500 for mine too, and I never use it.  I'm saving it
for the days I get back into WEFAX or LEO birds.

You could however, buy the 18" actuator arm it's supposed to have on it for
AZ, and add a little 12" arm for elevation control and basically build your
own AZ - EL control on it and have a SWEET setup for AO-40 for the cost of
that STUPID G5500 rotator.  Or forget the AZ and do what Mr. Cessna did in
this month's QST...

As you can tell I'm not a fan of that Yaesu rotor.  It's really not *that*
hard to build a machine that can handle a couple of hundred pounds of force
on it...

Fred W0FMS