Patch logistics

I see that a number of folks here have built or purchased a patch antenna of
one flavor or another.  I too have built a W0LMD dual band patch for mode
L/S.  Surely most of you have insects as we do here is Louisiana.  A number
of these "creepy crawlers" love to built between the closely spaced plates
of a patch.  Spiders and wasps, most notably.  I'm sure that this would
affect the tuning and circularity of the patch.

Is anyone doing anything to prevent these critters from setting up house in
their patch?  If so, what are you doing and how is it working.

Karl R. Sandstrom, K5MAN
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Greenwell Springs, Louisiana
k5man@arrl.net / k5man@amsat.org