Re: Circular Patch construction details

As far as drawings go:

There are drawings of the patch in .PDF format hidden on his site in the
combination Mode-L/S
patch that were done by K5MAN.  I agree that drawings are better than
verbose explanations...

W0LMD's S/L Page:  http://www.ultimatecharger.com/Dish_Feed_SL.html
K5MAN's Drawings:

http://www.ultimatecharger.com/S-L_Patch_S-Patch.pdf
http://www.ultimatecharger.com/S-L_Patch_L-Patch.pdf
http://www.ultimatecharger.com/S-L_Patch_Side_View.pdf

If you are not making the dual band version, use the S-patch template but
put a 4" (102 mm) or larger diameter reflector under the S-patch.

I have templates on my website, but the web provider was hacked, so it may
be another day until it's back up... I'll post the URL when it's back.

------

As far as metric dimensions go:

In all fairness to us Americans, it's no harder for you to search the
internet and find the conversions than it is for us.  In America its only
marginally easier for us to find Metric screws and nuts as it is for you to
find American sizes in Greece. (I don't know of a convienient source of
M3.5x0.5 brass nuts, for example)...  Being that I'm in a good mood tonight,
I decided to do it for you:

A #6-32 screw means this:  #6 size (arbitrary) with 32 threads/inch.  The
tap hole is an American #36 drill bit, which is 0.1065 inches.  Converting
to millimeters, this would be 2.70 mm.. the closest metric screw I could
find is a M3x0.5 or an M3.5x0.5.

For all the screw types we use on small projects in the US here is a quick
table:

#4-40, #43 tap bit ==   M2.5x0.45, 2.05 mm tap bit --or-- M3x0.5, 2.50 mm
tap bit
#6-32, #36 tap bit ==   M3x0.5, 2.50 mm tap bit --or-- M3.5x0.5, 2.90 mm tap
bit
#8-32, #29 tap bit ==   M4x0.5, 3.50 mm tap bit
#10-32, #21 tap bit == M5x0.5, 4.50 mm tap bit
1/4-20,  #7 tap bit ==   M6x1, 5.00 mm tap bit

Remember these are closest approximations to the American sizes.  Not
interchangeable obviously.  Should work fine in this design, it isn't THAT
critical.

(reference: World Wide Metric Javascript converter
http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm
and Drill and Tap Tables,
http://www.venturers.org/NextGenTech/2ndGen/pages/Drill_chart.html
found both in a Google search in seconds)

So a safe bet would be to use the M3x0.5 screw for the center shorting bar,
a M5x0.5 for the CP tuning screw and either a M3.5x0.5 or a M4x0.5 screw and
nut for the additional frequency adjustment I suggest.  I suggest using
brass screws and nuts for the two adjustment screws so you can solder to
them.

I could run the metric millimeter equivalents for you for the patch
dimensions, but why don't you go to
http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm for yourself and run them there.

If you still don't understand, let me know and I'll help further.

Fred W0FMS