RE: Solving the need for ISA or USB slots and Serial Ports

> The other question that comes to mind: why is this aspect
> of the amateur satellite program so tightly bound to obsolete
> hardware? Where are the PCI/USB tracking systems?

Come to the AMSAT-UK Colloquium this year where I have a paper entitled "The
Las Vegas Boulevard Tracker" which describes a rotator controller
interface...

* Costs about the same as FODTrack to construct ($25)
* Similar simplicity of construction to FODTrack (no SMDs)
* Either a serial or a USB interface
* Supports current software like Wisp32 and Nova using either Yaesu GS-232
and Easycomm protocols, even through USB
* USB drivers for Linux, W98, ME, 2000, XP, MAC OS 8,9, OSX
* Microcontroller user programmable through the serial or USB port (no
pre-programmed microcontroller or programmer hardware required to construct)
* Optional LCD display and keypad entry

Let me know if I missed anything out of the feature list.

Interested? http://www.uk.amsat.org/colloquium.htm

73 Howard G6LVB