AO-7 for FD?

Hello Mike and the group...

My club has asked me to help get our satellite bonus points in the upcoming
event.  I've tried this using UO-14 in the past with poor results--too much
contention on the single FM uplink channel, so this year I'd like to try
AO-7.

I understand it's available when the satellite is in daylight and I recall
reading that the mode is unpredictable or uncontrolled.  Will we need to
check both downlink passbands and be prepared for either uplink, or is one
mode more likely than the other to be on this weekend?  Can we expect the
transponder to be on during daylight and "visible" passes over the NYC area?

Thanks and 73,
Frank
wb2bxo@AMSAT.org
W2RAK on FD,