AO-7 Orbit Numbers

I'm curious if anyone knows how Orbit numbers are computed - that is, how
do Nova and Satscape represent them?  At 17:45 UTC on 6/24 Satscape
reported that AO-7 was on orbit 30,900 and Nova reports that AO-7 was on
30899.  I'm assuming that Satscape is reporting the current orbit, and Nova
is reporting the number of orbits it has completed?

Also, is there a good website someone can point me to that will tell me how
to compute this number if the date, time and Keplerian elements are known?

- Emily (w0eec)