RE: Circular patch behaves linear

> Impressive.

Yes, I surprised myself! Somehow over the past three years I really seem to
have figured out the art of building antennas. From class dunce to straight
A student. Don't ask me what the secret is, because I don't know, although I
guess experience is a wonderful thing. But I've had more than my fair share
of antenna failure.

I should note that I have not tested it for circularity or how the tuning
behaves close to a dish. It does work, though.

I was speaking to Jim G3WGM at the weekend about a W0LMD dual band patch
he's built and tuned up. I've avoided building one of these because I had no
idea how to cut 2mm aluminum into a circle, but it appears that his bandsaw
with a circular jig does the job astonishingly well. Might give this a go
myself, although I'm not sure how well a bandsaw will go down in the kitchen
with my drill press as well...

73, Howard G6LVB