Tell us the truth then Rick! RE: Mode-B vs Mode-J

At 05:46 PM 6/23/03 -0400, "Rick Hambly \(W2GPS\)" <w2gps@cnssys.com> wrote:
>Vince,
>
>It is getting tiring hearing inaccurate information about Eagle.  The Board
>has not "eliminated" Eagle.  In fact, if you are ready to design a module
>for Eagle or help raise funds for its launch I have work for you to do.  If
>not please stop trashing the Board when you don't have your facts right.
>
>Rick
>W2GPS

Inaccurate? No.  There are a number of us here that believe the board
killed Eagle when it choose to throw money at Echo.   You guys made a bad
decision when you took reserve funds and gave them to a new satellite when
you already had a project on the drawing board, and now you won't own up to
your mistake.  A lot of us wanted another P3 satellite.  You guys knew the
state of Amsat, you knew we had Eagle on the drawing board and limited
funds, and then you choose to give between $100,000 to $200,000 in reserve
funds to Echo, and who knows how much else to Spacequest. IF that reserve
money was to go to a satellite, it should have gone to Eagle because that
was the project Amsat was working on.  You say Eagle hasn't been
killed?  How are you going to get support, donations, and build enthusiasm
for a project you've now decided to put on the back burner?  I'd say that
about kills it.

Here's the time line Rick, tell me where I'm wrong.

 >>>Amsat-NA Satellite construction funds are scarce. (no reference- always
true)

 >>>July 2001 - JJ Planning Committee (Amsat Journal sep/oct 2001)

 >>>Oct 2001 BOD meeting Discussion of JJ(Eagle) (Amsat Journal Jan/Feb 2002)

 >>>Jan/Feb Amsat Journal 2002  Page 3.  New satellite to be called Eagle.

 >>>Amsat-NA Satellite construction funds are scarce. (no reference- always
true)

 >>>Mar/Apr Amsat Journal 2002 - More discussion of Eagle (Page 3)

 >>>April 20-21, 2002 Washington, DC "Project Echo announced" (Amsat News
Service ANS-115.01)

 >>>Amsat-NA Satellite construction funds are scarce. (no reference- always
true)

 >>>(May/Jun 2002 Amsat Journal Pages 3 & 5+)  -  project Echo discussed -
SpaceQuest hits pay dirt?

 >>>Apr 20-21, Amsat - SpaceQuest contract is secret. - (page 26 Sep/oct
2002 Amsat Journal)

 >>>Amsat-NA Satellite construction funds are scarce. (no reference- always
true)

 >>>Apr 20-21, Board meeting. Possibly $150,000 out of reserves for Echo, -
(Page 23 Sep/Oct 2002 Journal)

 >>>Sep/Oct 2002 Journal  Page 1 -  WD4FAB discusses Eagle.  ~Thanks Dick,
Nice article!

 >>>Amsat-NA Satellite construction funds are scarce. (no reference- always
true)

 >>>More Echo brainwashing by GPS - (Page 14  Nov/Dec Amsat Journal)

 >>>Amsat BOD meeting Nov 10, 2002 -  $200,000 out of reserves for Echo
(Page 28 Mar/APR 2003 Journal)

 >>>Not enough money - Eagle construction to be reduced to bare bones -
(Page 4 May/Jun 2003 Journal)

 >>>June 2003 -  KB7ADL whines on BB.

I don't think I'll be voting this year.
KB7ADL