TV question

Hello
I have several primestar dishes along with a receiver and even a remote
control.  Do any of you know if there is any TV programing that this
stuff can receive?  I thought it might be interesting to play with this
stuff when I'm out of the AO-40  footprint.  There are a lot of
geostationary satellites up there and I have no clue where to begin.
Perhaps the receiver is just junk at this point.
Thanks

73...Bob...W7LRD
Seattle