ao 40 uplink

Hello I have some problems with 435 mhz uplink to ao40

I tested with 65 cm tv dish and patch + db6nt
downkonverter. Get good signals from the main-bacon
and some stns.

Then I tested my uplink.
FT100 + 90 Wtts pa + d-Quad with 8.2 dbD = 11.2 dbi
linear polarisation. This is a calculated eirp 590
wtts. But I only get a very weak signal in the
downlink in cw . In ssb now signal returned.
AO 40 was 50000 km over ground and sq.angel was 15-18
.
Is the eirp to low ???

For ao40 leila and agc I 5 minutes interrupted. Then I
started again with 5 wtts and step by step to 90 wtts.

I get my cw signals back on 50 wtts power , on ssb no
signals.

TRX and ANT works. ( Get a tropo over 1200 km central
dl to g and gw. )

With ant I can use ??? Maybe a x-yagi with 12.1 dbD on
circular polarisation ??

Planed also an uplink on 1296 mhz. PA give 18 wtts .
Witch ant I need to work with cw and ssb ?? ( Only
x-yagi or helical groups ).

73 and 55 de dl9gwd@yahoo.com

Ralf   jo64qc and jo42hd