Re: Circulair patch behaves linear

William-

Do yourself a favor, and build the G3RUH style patch at W0LMD's site.  Add
the second tuning screw as I stated in a previous e-mail.  Make the CP
tuning screw a #8 or #10 instead of the #6 on his site.

So far it is the ONLY patch I have made that has tested circular.  Yes this
is with tuning with the screws but I venture to guess you could make those
adjustments while listening to the beacon.

By comparison to the other patches I've built, its more mechanically stable,
only a little harder to construct (cutting the discs requires access to a
shear or precise scroll saw), but it is SOO easy to adjust conpared to the
Nearly Square and K3TZ style antennas.

There is a point where the "CP" tuning screw on that patch will magically
make the patch LHCP.  Trust me, I've seen it on a Network Analyzer.

Fred W0FMS